• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Favourite Call of Duty game?

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

KKrage

What's your favourite call of duty game?
I quite like Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, the Campaign is good, and the other modes are fun too!
I play it on a PS3. What do you play your favourite Call of Duty game on?

aNi

For me - It's COD 2 for it's Bolt-action rifle gameplay. The game was bug-ridden for the first 4 months on console, but once they sorted it, what a game. It was mint on PC right from the off.

Secondly, COD4. The game everyone wrote off until they played it. It's also arguably one of the leading reasons that Gaming is now "Cool" and not a geeky hobby.

Ahh, back when game mechanics were simple but awesome. Why developers don't realise that's why CounterStrike is still played so much to this day, I don't know!

KeiSon

Terms of gameplay it would be Modern Warfare 2. And best story playthrough would have to be World at War

Jenbuu

For me - It's COD 2 for it's Bolt-action rifle gameplay. The game was bug-ridden for the first 4 months on console, but once they sorted it, what a game. It was mint on PC right from the off.

Secondly, COD4. The game everyone wrote off until they played it. It's also arguably one of the leading reasons that Gaming is now "Cool" and not a geeky hobby.

Ahh, back when game mechanics were simple but awesome. Why developers don't realise that's why CounterStrike is still played so much to this day, I don't know!
I'm with ani all the way here. Cod 2 has some of the best maps ever. Also cod 4 took fps into a modern day environment.

Shame its not like that anymore. Having bolt action rifles is the only reason I'm looking at codaw

JusZenTFN

Senior Moderator
I'm with @aNi and @Jenbuu on Call of Duty 2; mainly because of the bolt-action iron-sight gameplay.. that's what basically got me into COD in the first play.. well with Call of Duty 1 but that was strictly on PC. Here are my top 5 Call of Duty games...

#1 Call of Duty 2
#2 Call of Duty 4
#3 Modern Warfare 2
#4 Black Ops 2
#5 World at War

Jenbuu

I'm with @aNi and @Jenbuu on Call of Duty 2; mainly because of the bolt-action iron-sight gameplay.. that's what basically got me into COD in the first play.. well with Call of Duty 1 but that was strictly on PC. Here are my top 5 Call of Duty games...

#1 Call of Duty 2
#2 Call of Duty 4
#3 Modern Warfare 2
#4 Black Ops 2
#5 World at War
Move world at war to 3 and the rest down and you probably have my list. I still really like ww2 shooters

js85

It's a tie between Black Ops 2 and MW3. They're almost completely different games so it's hard to keep them apart from each other. I play Black Ops 2 more often passively, and MW3 usually takes more concentration for me because of the map size and the way people play it differently.

JusZenTFN

Senior Moderator
It's a tie between Black Ops 2 and MW3. They're almost completely different games so it's hard to keep them apart from each other. I play Black Ops 2 more often passively, and MW3 usually takes more concentration for me because of the map size and the way people play it differently.

Really? I have MW3 as my second to last Call of Duty game.. only one below that is Call of Duty 3.

I haven't played further than Black Ops tbh. By that time I was pretty sick of CoD in general.
But I LOVED Modern Warfare. I know me and my friends used to play it for hours and hours.

And as someone stated, the game was a breakthrough for gaming industry. A lot of people got into it that year (can't recall which year is it, and I'm too lazy to Google).

roccityroller

COD 4. thats what sort of got me back into gaming. Before that i would play whatever i could "borrow" from the internet. then i got COD4 for PC and my PC at the time wouldn't run it well, but it looked awesome. At the time it was cheaper for me to buy a 360 then build a new rig.

js85

Really? I have MW3 as my second to last Call of Duty game.. only one below that is Call of Duty 3.
How come? Multiplayer or story? I guess I was only basing my answers on multiplayer, if that makes a difference. I'd have to think about the storymodes to answer for them.

JusZenTFN

Senior Moderator
How come? Multiplayer or story? I guess I was only basing my answers on multiplayer, if that makes a difference. I'd have to think about the storymodes to answer for them.
I don't get much into the story, it was the multiplayer for me. I didn't like the maps, the hitboxes were horrible along with the matchmaking and everything seemed copy + pasted from MW2 but devolved in a sense.

xBassDropYETIx

World's Friendliest Yeti

I absolutely agree. CoD 2 was one of my favorites. The Kar 98k was one of my favorite weapons of all time. This game is what got me into online gaming and I have never turned back since.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
I know my opinion will be not popular among folks who posted in this thread, but I didn't like COD2 much. I played it at E32005, and then played COD3 at E32006. I just couldn't get into it. The game that changed my mind was COD4, and still to this day it's the best Call of Duty title. I also think it's the best first person shooter I've played.

I liked MW2 but then I didn't like it, either. Pretty much everything was good, except the multiplayer balancing. I mean, the game was pretty much exploited from day one. Cheating, glitches, exploits, balancing, they were all broken. Don't even get me started with OMA, and other atrocities.

MW3 was okay, and was a bit bearable. It was exploited just as much, if not close to MW2's level of atrocities, the difference is that the developers tried their best to balance it out as much as they could from day one, and beyond.

I didn't get into neither World of War, or Black Ops. But I mean, I thought Black Ops was a better attempt by Treyarch, however I wasn't completely convinced. It was a good attempt, but not as good as Black Ops 2. For me, BO2 was the best Call of Duty title since COD4.

For me, it's like this:
1. COD4
2. Black Ops 2
3. Black Ops
4. MW3
5. MW2

COD4 is the one that got me into Call of Duty and Online Gaming.
And as someone stated, the game was a breakthrough for gaming industry. A lot of people got into it that year (can't recall which year is it, and I'm too lazy to Google).
If you played COD4 back then, against MW3, you would know why Ik0n doesn't like MW2 or MW3.

bsthebenster

I'm tied between Black Ops and Ghosts at the moment. I like Black Ops because it doesn't matter to a huge extent which layouts you use, it's mostly about skill. And I like Ghosts because for a game where layouts are pretty important, the selection of customizations are huge.

jmoriarty630

I really loved the 2nd CoD, I think this one was my personal favorite. I wasn't really happy with the newer games, so I finished 2 a looot of times. :)

trevorwilson

I think my favorite is Modern Warfare 2. It has a great gameplay and storyline. The missions are great and complex, and there's a lot of action.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements