• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PS4 EA Sports UFC

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Lethal

Retired Moderator
Here is the first gameplay trailer. I so can not wait for this game!!

I will continue to update this thread with new videos as they release.

ea-sports-ufc-frank-mir.jpg

ea-sports-ufc-chuck-liddell-02.jpg

ea-sports-ufc-forrest-griffin-01.jpg

http://www.easports.com/ufc/news-updates-gameplay/article/ea-sports-roster-reveal?utm_campaign=ufc-social-na-eas-fb-ufcroster-reveal-fb&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&sourceid=ufc-social-na-eas-fb-ufcroster-reveal-fb&cid=19230

akhi216

I ain't sign up for that
He was in the last one as well. Many old school fighters are in it.
I would love to see Don Frye, Dan Severn, and Tank Abbott as well.
Hell yeah, throw Tito Ortiz and maybe Royce Gracie in that bunch and I would be sold.

...in their primes of course. Then we'll see no Don Frye, Tito Ortiz, etc. lobbies lol.

Lethal

Retired Moderator
Hell yeah, throw Tito Ortiz and maybe Royce Gracie in that bunch and I would be sold.

...in their primes of course. Then we'll see no Don Frye, Tito Ortiz, etc. lobbies lol.

EA also has the rights to Randy Couture, so we know he will be in it.

Kamehameha

Looking forward to hearing more about this. I haven't kept up with the sport in a while though, so I don't even know who all is in it anymore.

Mike3

an update...game has been confirmed to release on June 17th, pre order to get bruce lee character

MadMike

My pubescent brother is eagerly looking forward to Grown Man Hugging Simulator 2014, too.

lifeburn

I really hope there will be a demo for this. I wish that Yuke's/THQ had made this as I didn't really care for EA's first MMA game.

icmasticc

Agreed, I was excited until I played the demo.

Same here. I was so hyped for the game because I like the UFC and I like fighting games in general. I fell for trailer hype however though. After playing the demo, I had to cancel my pre-order because it's just not good to me. The controls are slightly better than previous UFC games, but it's still too complicated to actually have fun with and the animations seem stiff and clunky like rj said. Also, I hate how the impact of strikes seem to be non-existent. Like, it seems like every hit is a graze even when it's direct.

It's really a shame because I was looking forward to this. Oh well though.

icmasticc

Bunch of panzies. Learn the controls and you will enjoy the game.

Meh, I'm usually a non-simulation fighting game player (Tekken, SF, etc.). For the UFC, you know that a large chunk of any match is gonna be on the ground because it's not Fight Night. For that, the submission controls should be schemed in a way that's fun and not too intricate. For me, the game fails at both.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements