• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

DestroyRepeat in 2019

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Happy New Year, everyone!

Okay, so DestroyRepeat 5.0 didn't pan out as I expected. I take full responsibility for that. When I bought PSVitaForum, my original plan was to maintain the traffic from that site, with zero changes. But I discovered a few holes the skin(s), plugins, and whatnot. I refreshed the database. What I should've done was maintain the content ID's. That's my bad, and that's my fault. I learned from it on a different website that I acquired recently. Now that I've learned how to maintain the content ID's without worrying about other factors. The original reason why I didn't want to maintain the content ID's is because of how it works. I thought that because it maintains the ID's as exactly as it was, I couldn't log in. I learned on my own that wasn't the case. I could.

I was wrong there. It cost me the pagerank and links. I could've maintained the traffic from old links to new links, all I could've done was maintain content ID's. Now that I learned how things works, from here on out, I will not make the same mistake again.

However, over the last 3 months, I've been pondering, thinking, and planning for the next year (which is right now). I have a new plan. And luck would have it my way. I've always wanted to integrate a forum with a blog. Xpress was revealed in 2018. At the same time, xenForo 2.1 has been in beta since September. So, as per usual, I held off on doing anything regarding DestroyRepeat until I am ready. When xenForo 2.1 is considered gold and stable, and Xpress is compatible with it, I will begin to relaunch DestroyRepeat as a blog/forum. It will be a long process, but I'm ready.

I didn't come into this industry to fail, so failure isn't an option. I can fail, but I can pivot, and get better. That's always been my prerogative. But first, I will need to move the network (including DestroyRepeat) to a new server, because my e-mails keep getting dropped thanks to the spammers, and trolls. Thanks, guys. Thanks!

'Till then... Sit tight. This is going to be a big site.

MeowsePad

Banned
I think that sounds like an amazing plan, and I wish you all the luck in the world! :) Gaming is a tough niche, but you can do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements