• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PSVita Confused with Super Stardust Scoring

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

tch2296

So yesterday I was playing Super Stardust Delta on my Vita and got a high score of about 25 million on arcade, delta mode and on casual. However, when I check the high scores section of the main menu, it only shows my high score while playing on normal difficulty, which is about 6 million, putting me way back in my friends' rankings. This happens even though some of my friends who have higher scores got them while playing on casual difficulty - it shows it right next to their score.

What's going on here? How come my casual score won't show up on the high score screen? It's embarrassing lol!

XpAcErX

if you played it offline then came back online to sync then it takes a few minutes to a few hours to update.

LiamIV

So yesterday I was playing Super Stardust Delta on my Vita and got a high score of about 25 million on arcade, delta mode and on casual. However, when I check the high scores section of the main menu, it only shows my high score while playing on normal difficulty, which is about 6 million, putting me way back in my friends' rankings. This happens even though some of my friends who have higher scores got them while playing on casual difficulty - it shows it right next to their score.

What's going on here? How come my casual score won't show up on the high score screen? It's embarrassing lol!
You just gotta leave it for a few hours, then it updates.

tch2296

Yeah it just takes a really long time I guess. It's kinda weird how everyone plays it on the easiest setting. I mean yeah you get farther and get a higher score but you're playing on easy which doesn't feel right to me. I play almost every game on Hard from the get-go but if you're playing multiplayer you don't have a choice...

The first day I had the game I was wondering how on earth my buddies were getting such high scores cuz I was playing on normal and they were on casual. As soon as I switched to casual I was ranked #2 o my friends list - it was SO much easier!

LiamIV

Yeah it just takes a really long time I guess. It's kinda weird how everyone plays it on the easiest setting. I mean yeah you get farther and get a higher score but you're playing on easy which doesn't feel right to me. I play almost every game on Hard from the get-go but if you're playing multiplayer you don't have a choice...

The first day I had the game I was wondering how on earth my buddies were getting such high scores cuz I was playing on normal and they were on casual. As soon as I switched to casual I was ranked #2 o my friends list - it was SO much easier!
That's the beauty of the game, if you can do it without dying, hardcore will give you a much higher score than beating it on casual. But it's seriously hard to get through it without dying.

tch2296

Yeah even normal difficulty is exponentially more difficult than casual. I usually only got to the second planet and had a maximum of 4 lives on normal while I easily beat the game every single time on casual with scores in the tens of millions range every time.

It just seems strange than on the high score rankings they don't take into account the difficulty. Seems to me 10 million on normal (or experienced, whatever it's called) is worth about 30 million on casual difficulty, going on me experience with this (amazing) game.

XpAcErX

Yeah even normal difficulty is exponentially more difficult than casual. I usually only got to the second planet and had a maximum of 4 lives on normal while I easily beat the game every single time on casual with scores in the tens of millions range every time.

It just seems strange than on the high score rankings they don't take into account the difficulty. Seems to me 10 million on normal (or experienced, whatever it's called) is worth about 30 million on casual difficulty, going on me experience with this (amazing) game.
the highest scores are people in japan and they all play in normal, most everyone plays on casual though. I haven't really seen anyone play on the hardest setting.

XpAcErX

I thought #1 was on psychotic?
looking at arcade ranking global right now and normal difficulty is #1. Looks like it a mix of different countries in the top 10 now instead of just japan.

I never seen a psychotic difficulty only see Hardcore and I have never seen a hardcore ranking on the leader-boards.

tch2296

I wonder why they don't scale the difficulty system up so you get much more points playing on higher difficulties. Or they should have separate boards for separate difficulties.

XpAcErX

I wonder why they don't scale the difficulty system up so you get much more points playing on higher difficulties. Or they should have separate boards for separate difficulties.
they should defiantly have separate boards per difficulty.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements