• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PSVita Confused, has anyone else had/tried this?

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Dan

i put a friends Wipeout 2048 into my Vita just after he'd played it, the data wasnt deleted and cartridge WASNT reset, but i was eligible for trophies? game still worked fine on his system so i dont get how it has a lock on accounts if this happened?? :confused:

Karoa

You have to delete the icon and take out the cartridge and put it back in. That way the data will be deleted and you will be able to start a new game and this is the only way to earn trophies.

If youre talking about having the data AND earning trophies then that is not possible, because to earn trophies you need to do the above

Dan

then how did it happen? ive got 1 trophy on it, and my friend has played it since and had several others. neither of us have deleted data...

Karoa

then how did it happen? ive got 1 trophy on it, and my friend has played it since and had several others. neither of us have deleted data...
Well i dont know but the game is set to one account and if you put it into another vita, it should show a message when you tap "Start" that the game is attached to another account and you will not be able to earn trophies.

SIMSIM16

Well i dont know but the game is set to one account and if you put it into another vita, it should show a message when you tap "Start" that the game is attached to another account and you will not be able to earn trophies.
well tht didnt happen

MadMike

i know that SHOULD of happened, but it didnt. this is the confusion

I don't think you have to format the game card unless data is stored on the card itself. It could be that WipEout 2048 stores all of the save data on the Vita.

CENB71

Same here but not for all the games.

I borrowed my friend's Uncharted and as I slide game cartridge in, it just starting to install and then I can play like it's new.

For Uncharted something I did noticed is
- All the save files is not on the cartridge, I have to start a new game. Later I found out that save games are saved on my friend's system.
- Also have to download game's patch(also not saved on cartridge).
- I can earn trophies like normal, no messages pop-up like Marvel VS Capcom.
- All of the aboves same goes for Wipeout 2048, no save, no patch and can earn trophies.

Now for Marvel VS Capcom
- First thing I saw is there's a pop-up messages telling me that I won't be able to earn trophies(have to do the delete method in order to able to earn trophies).
- I'm not sure but I think the save files is on the cartridge.
- There's a trophies slot on my account but can't earn any, pretty annoying.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements