• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Confirmed: PlayStation Network is down; hackers claim they did it

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Register Log in

JoeCool

Suck the weenie!
Staff member
PlayStation Network is offline in North America, a day ahead of announced scheduled maintenance. A hacker group on Twitter is claiming its attack took the service offline.

Users who try to log in to PSN or the PlayStation Store on their PlayStation 3 or PlayStation 4 consoles are given a message that PSN is down for maintenance. Sony announced Thursday that PSN would be offline for routine maintenance from noon to about 7:30 p.m. ET on Monday.

Shacknews reported that the same hacker group claim it was able to take down servers for Blizzard Entertainment, as well as League of Legends and Path of Exile. This is unconfirmed. Blizzard's Battle.net is up as of publication time.

Polygon has reached out to representatives of Sony Computer Entertainment America to ask for more information about today's outage.

Source- Shacknews

akhi216

I ain't sign up for that
I was able to play two Street Fighter X Tekken matches on Vita but granted I have been logged in and online over a week now. Destiny of Spirits gives an error message though.

Kuruwin

I don't know which annoys me more.

The fact that this type of assholes that ruin the fun for everyone exist or that not even once during the day i have gotten any type of message that there is major problem with the PSN. I been thinking that my router or vita is at fault that the PSN hasn't been working correctly and i have been wasting time trying to correct things and wasting time with getting frustrated by Destiny Of Spirits.

I even thought that my Destiny Of Spirits data was swiped because i got a message that sounded like there wasn't any data anymore.

Fricking annoying.

Trent

hey we get free games! I hope... if they do. they better not be like 3yr old crappy games or indies
I don't think it will be like that major outage when the group Anonymous claimed to have been the ones to hack into PSN a couple years ago. If this was a hack, then Sony will just need to swiftly respond with more security measures in the maintenance they had scheduled for tomorrow. I've heard word around the Web that the network is coming back up now, in some regions.

Hopefully this was just a one-time thing, though it does prove a point. That hackers are out there and can hack into systems. That's the sad truth. Unlike the famed e-Handbooks Monokuma shows off in Danganronpa, no existing server in today's world is unhackable.

akhi216

I ain't sign up for that
It is not a hack it is a DDoS attack. Sony should be better prepared to deal with them given that so many people use the network.

reapersivan

The Lizard Squad said on twitter that sony doesn't use the money they get from us (when we buy playstation things) for PSN, apparently they are greedy?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Thirty3Three Crash Bandicoot and Lara Croft confirmed for PlayStation All Stars! PlayStation 16
A PSVita PlayStation Vita Legend of Heroes Confirmed PlayStation 2
I PSVita BioShock Confirmed for PlayStation Vita PlayStation 15
I PSVita Street Fighter x Tekken Confirmed for PlayStation Vita PlayStation 11
WhoIsDo Star Wars Battlefront Multiplayer modes confirmed? Star Wars 3
WhoIsDo New 'Fighter Squadron' game mode confirmed for Battlefront Star Wars 9
WhoIsDo AT-ST is confirmed as a playable vehicle Star Wars 17
Lord Phelan PSVita Gravity Rush 2 pretty much confirmed to be PS4 exclusive. PlayStation 54
HailToTheKing Destiny 2 confirmed!!!!!!!!!!!! Destiny 13
PapaNer PS4 Confirmed Update 2.0 on October 28th? PlayStation 5
Yanikun Resident Evil Revelations 2 is 99.9% confirmed General Gaming 5
JusZenTFN Purchase of AW: Confirmed Call of Duty 9
A Confirmed: Titanfall player count will be 6v6 Titanfall 0
A Titanfall launch Game Modes confirmed Titanfall 0
G PS3 Assassin's Creed: Rogue confirmed for PS3. PlayStation 2
G White Xbox One Hardware Bundle With Sunset Overdrive Confirmed. Xbox 1
lights Resident Evil HD Remaster confirmed for PS3/PS4/360/XB1/PC General Gaming 6
WhoIsDo Destiny level cap confirmed by Bungie Destiny 8
Shampoo XIII The Walking Dead Season 3 Confirmed General Gaming 1
WhoIsDo Confirmed list of Destiny PvP (multiplayer) modes Destiny 2
God Smash Bros 4: Mewtwo Confirmed? General Gaming 1
Jamie Destiny PC release date confirmed! Destiny 1
Spartan Halo 2 Anniversary Edition Confirmed?, Halo 5 Release Date? Xbox 21
FlameABell Titanfall’s Prestige System aka Regeneration - CONFIRMED Titanfall 8
I Watch Netflix HEAVY TURRETS AND ZIPLINES CONFIRMED Titanfall 23
A Titanfall launch Game Modes confirmed Titanfall 16
A Community Night details confirmed Titanfall 0
Terra PC pre-load confirmed Titanfall 3
XXXBoXOne Titanfall 'size' confirmed by Vince Zampella Tweet Titanfall 22
Corrupt Beta sign up confirmed! Titanfall 21
rjthakid PSVita PS Vita Slim-To-Europe Confirmed PlayStation 31
Mr McBongerton No Microtransactions - Confirmed! (Maybe a season pass though) Titanfall 17
A Titanfall will run on MS Servers, not EA's - CONFIRMED Titanfall 50
AvalonX Titanfall controls? Bumper Jumper confirmed? Titanfall 10
Slacker Sniping Confirmed Titanfall 3
icmasticc PS3 Tales of Zestiria[Confirmed for NA & Europe!!] PlayStation 2
rjthakid PS4 Guerrilla Games new IP confirmed PlayStation 4
Yanikun [Confirmed real by Kotaku] ACIIIL HD console port and AC Pirates (mobile) General Gaming 53
HellRaiser PSVita Minecraft Confirmed For Vita (As Well As PS3And Next Gen Console) PlayStation 1
DeathMoJo PS4 Twitch confirmed for PS4 PlayStation 11
t3hmadgamr PSVita Namco Bandai's J-Stars Victory crossover confirmed for PS3/Vita PlayStation 10
RheaSink Sony teases "When worlds collide - Heroes return" - Insomniac game confirmed PlayStation 4
ProfessorGerbik PSVita New God of War PS4 & PS Vita (confirmed fake) PlayStation 61
Mamba PSVita Yakuza game for PS Vita confirmed? PlayStation 22
icmasticc Uncharted Series is done; Semi-confirmed PlayStation 14
RedDevilDazzy Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse Remake Confirmed General Gaming 2
Thorzilla PSVita Jak & Daxter HD Collection for Vita confirmed for June 19, 2013? More evidency PlayStation 7
lifeburn PSVita Walking Dead confirmed for Vita PlayStation 346
jptrey06 Assassin's Creed IV Confirmed General Gaming 18
benathjoakin PSVita Assassins Creed Liberation multiplayer confirmed to be an strategy card game PlayStation 39