• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Books!

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

lights

The last book I read which was a while ago was The Exorcist. It was decent, I thought it was much better than the film.

The "His Dark Materials" (aka Golden Compass) series is one of my favorites. I've read them all about five times and I still understand more each time.

One of my favorites too, I read them a few times as well as a kid.

PrinceCola

Right now i am finish the Return of the King. I was supposed to check out the rest of Tolkiens books i have not read (The Silmarillion, Children of Hurin, Unfinished Tales) but i also want to start on Eaters of the Dead.

EDIT: I don't even know which order to read the Tolkien books in lol.

Grover

Update:
Read the Tom Sawyer novel by Mark Twain, A Doll's House (play) by Henrik Ibsen and I've just bought Stoner and Butcher's Crossing by John Williams. Also read a bundle of short stories, called Apocalyps, by Arnon Grunberg (Dutch).

I'd recommend them all.

DeathMoJo

The Navy Guy
Malazan book of the Fallen series is a good one. A 10 book series with a massive amount of stories and characters. Takes a little to get into.

Hector !!

I've read both The Wolf of Wall Street and Chasing the Wolf by Jordan Belfort

It's a good read

Also watch the film if you haven't yet. Leo and Jonah really nail their parts

Alexei Zadornov

Recently, I have read "The 4400: Welcome to Promise City" which is a piece of shit. :p

Now, I'm reading "Foundation" from Isaac Asimov! This is a very good book. (y)

RTRSPCT

Read Simon Reynold's book "Energy Flash: A Journey Through Rave Music and Dance Culture" once again. Still love that book, especially the sections on hardcore (UK breakbeat), darkcore, jungle, drum & bass and it's sub-genre techstep.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements